Thank you for visiting the CMU INFORMS Student Chapter website! We are a cross-school student organization that brings together students passionate about operations research (OR) and analytical thinking. We have members across a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs at CMU, including engineering, business, operations research, mathematics, and statistics.
CMU INFORMS aims to:
- Promote an integrated culture among CMU’s quantitative constituencies;
- Proliferate information related to operations research, analytics, and
- Prepare students for careers in academia, research or business in a
culture that is increasingly reliant on large volumes of data and analysis;
- Provide mentoring for students with interests in OR/MS (academic, research
or business); and
- Secure CMU’s place among the elite operations research universities.
We hold a variety of events throughout the year, as well as foster a national presence in the OR community. Be sure to check out our blog to see what we have been up to and join our mailing lists to stay INFORMed about INFORMS!